Financial Services Partners collects your personal information in order for one of its authorised representatives (that is, your adviser and/or the practice where he/she works) to provide you with financial products and services. In order to undertake the management and administration of products and services, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to certain third parties.
We and your adviser will collect and use information about you during the course of your relationship with each of us.
It is important that the information we hold about you is up to date. You must let your adviser know when information you have provided has changed.
Collection, use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose the information your adviser collects about you for the following purposes:
- to assist in providing you with products and services;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to enable Financial Services Partners or another member of the ANZ Group to provide you with a product or service that was recommended to you by your adviser;
- to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to assist in arrangements with other organisations (for example product issuers) in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service;
- to manage the relationship between you and your adviser and any accounts or policies which you hold, and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including but not limited to risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training and market, customer satisfaction or investment research);
- to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against Financial Services Partners and/or your adviser and to manage any legal action involving Financial Services Partners;
- to identify, prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct (or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct);
- to identify you or establish your tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority; or
- as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
We may disclose your information to another licensee in order to enable you to continue to receive financial products and services in the following circumstances:
- where your adviser dies or their arrangements with us terminate;
- where our authorised representative becomes an authorised representative of another licensee; or
- where our authorised representative sells all or part of its business to another licensee.
Absence of relevant information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, Financial Services Partners may be unable to provide you with products or services.
Information required by law
Providing your information to others
We may provide your information to:
- an authorised representative of ours (including your adviser) for the purposes outlined in this document;
- ANZ and any related entity of ANZ which may use the information to: carry out ANZ’s functions and activities; promote its own products and services when recommended by your adviser; assess your application for one of its products or services; manage your product or service; perform administrative and operational tasks ; or comply with regulatory requirements and prudential standards;
- an organisation that has an arrangement with Financial Services Partners to jointly offer products and/or has an alliance with Financial Services Partners to share information for marketing purposes (and any of its outsourced service providers or agents), to enable them or Financial Services Partners to: provide you with products or services; and/or promote a product or service;
- any agent, contractor or service provider of Financial Services Partners or its authorised representative, engaged to carry out or assist with its functions and activities (for example, office support or paraplanning services, IT support providers and mailing houses);
- an organisation that assists Financial Services Partners to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- other parties Financial Services Partners is authorised or required by law or court/tribunal order to disclose information to;
- any person who introduces you to Financial Services Partners;
- your referee(s);
- your employer;
- your partner or spouse where they have sought advice jointly with you; or
- your authorised agents; your executor, administrator or trustee in bankruptcy; your legal representative; your attorney; or anyone else acting for you.
If you do not want us to tell you about products or services, please phone or email your adviser to withdraw your consent or contact Financial Services Partners on 1800 006 216 or email@example.com
If you obtain credit services from us or our authorised representative, your personal information, including information about your other credit liabilities, repayments and defaults, may be disclosed to credit reporting bodies. We may also collect this information from credit reporting bodies. Information about credit reporting, including the name and contact details of these credit reporting bodies, when we may disclose your personal information to them to include in a report about your credit worthiness, and how you can request credit reporting bodies not use your information in certain circumstances, is available here.
- the circumstances in which we or one of our related entities may collect personal information from other sources (including from a third party);
- how to access personal information and seek correction of personal information; and
- how you can raise concerns that we or one of our related entities has breached the Privacy Act or an applicable code and how we or our related entity will deal with those matters.
Collecting sensitive information
We will not collect sensitive information about you, such as information about your health, without your consent.
If applicable, we may collect health information with your consent. Your health information will only be disclosed to a service provider or organisation where this is necessary in order to provide you with financial products and services.
Personal information you provide about someone else
If you give us personal information about someone else, please show them a copy of this notice so that they may understand the manner in which their personal information may be used or disclosed in connection with your dealings with us.